WILMORE, Ky. – The Titans blasted four homeruns on Friday evening as the Indiana University South Bend baseball team defeated Asbury University by a score of 18-7. Trey Bickel (SR/Mishawaka, Indiana) earned the win going 6.2 innings striking out seven Eagles hitters.
- Game 1: IU South Bend def. Asbury, 18-7
- The Titans belted four homeruns to take their total to 12 on the season through four games. IU South Bend leads the country in home runs per game with three.
- IU South Bend scored five runs in the third inning to take a 6-5 advantage over the Eagles.
- Spencer McCool (SO/Anderson, Indiana) and Chris Mangus (SR/Niles, Michigan) hit back-to-back homeruns in the top of the fourth to extend the IU South Bend lead to 8-5 but the Eagles scored two in the bottom of the fourth to close the IU South Bend lead to one run.
- Tanner Wesp (FR/Charlestown, Indiana) hit a home run (2) in the top of the seventh inning and Kevin Phelps (SR/Portage, Michigan) later added a two-run shot over the left field fence to give the Titans a 12-7 lead.
- The Titan offense scored six runs on four hits in their final at-bat to seal an 18-7 win over the Eagles.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Titans and Eagles will wrap up the three-game series on Saturday with a doubleheader starting at 1:00 p.m.