WESTFIELD, Ind. – Kyle Rago (JR/Berrien Springs, Michigan) tossed a gem on Saturday afternoon as the Indiana University South Bend baseball team defeated Rochester College 16-0. Rago went the distance allowing just two hits while striking out three Rochester hitters. Rago improved to 2-1 on the year while the Titans moved to 4-3.
- IU South Bend def. Rochester, 16-0
- Records: IU South Bend 4-3 | Rochester 3-7
- Location: Grand Park | Westfield, Indiana
- The Titans plated two runs in the top half of the second inning on a fielding error by the Rochester shortstop.
- IU South Bend's offense added five more in the top of the third highlighted by a Damon DeJesus (SR/Fort Wayne, Indiana) three-RBI double to deep centerfield
- In the top of the seventh the Titans tacked on six runs to extend their lead to 16-0.
- Chris Mangus (SR/Niles, Michigan) finished 3-for-5 with one RBI and two runs scored.
- Spencer McCool (SO/Anderson, Indiana), Austin Thomas (SO/Crown Point, Indiana), and Zack Lazenby (JR/Chesterfield, Missouri) each finished with two hits, respectively.
- The IU South Bend defense did not commit any errors.
- IU South Bend and Rochester will square off tomorrow in a double header beginning at 1pm at Grand Park.