CLERMONT, Fla. – The Indiana University South Bend softball team wrapped up its inaugural spring break trip with two losses against the University of Northwestern Ohio and College of Saint Mary's at Hancock Park. The Titans finished the trip 5-5.
- Game 1: UNOH def. IU South Bend, 4-2
- Game 2: CSM def. IU South Bend, 5-2
- Records: IU South Bend 5-5 | CSM 7-7 | UNOH 12-8
- Location: Clermont, Florida | Hancock Park
Game 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- Northwestern Ohio scored a run in the bottom of the first inning to take an early 1-0 but the Titans evened the game in the top of the second on a Kat Witting (JR/Lynwood, Illinois) sacrifice fly to score Brooke Miller (SO/Goshen, Indiana).
- UNOH answered with a run in the bottom of the second on an infield single to regain the lead.
- The Racers added a run in the third and a run in the fifth while silencing the Titans bats until the seventh inning.
- Taylor Astell (FR/Brownsburg, Indiana) scored on a Racer error in the seventh to cut the UNOH lead to two runs.
- Maddy Hovious (SO/North Vernon, Indiana) and Brittany Probasco (JR/Hobart, Indiana) both went 2-for-4 in the loss.
Game 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- CSM plated a run in the first inning and held a 1-0 lead through four innings.
- In the top of the fifth, the Flames pushed three runs across, aided by an IU South Bend error to take a 4-0 lead.
- Kat Witting and Kaylee Warner (FR/Elkhart, Indiana) each recorded RBI singles in the bottom of the fifth inning to pull IU South Bend within two runs of the CSM lead. But in the sixth the Flames added another run to make it 5-2.
- The Titans went six up-six down in their final two at-bats to end the game.
- Probasco and Witting each recorded two hits in the loss.
- IU South Bend will begin Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference action on Wednesday as they travel to No. 2 Saint Xavier University for a doubleheader. First pitch is set for 4:00 p.m.