HAMMOND, Ind. – The Titans capitalized on four Purdue Northwest errors in game on to defeat the Pride 6-3 before falling in the nightcap 5-2.
Game 1: IU South Bend def. Purdue Northwest, 6-3
Game 2: Purdue Northwest def. IU South Bend, 5-2
Records: IU South Bend 13-15, 8-10 CCAC | Purdue Northwest 21-18-1, 11-7 CCAC
Location: Hammond, Indiana | Dowling Park
Game 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- IU South Bend took an early 3-0 lead as they took advantage of two PNW miscues in the top of the first inning but the Pride answered back with two runs to make it a one-run game.
- Another Pride error led to a run in the top of the second, giving IU South Bend a 4-2 lead.
- IU South Bend bats went quiet until the sixth inning when the Titans added two more runs with RBI's from Brooke Boss (SO/Delavan, Wisconsin) and Shannon McCarty (SO/South Bend, Indiana).
- Taylor Astell (FR/Brownsburg, Indiana) and Brittany Probasco (JR/Hobart, Indiana) each finished with three hits in the win.
- Nicole Kirkpatrick moved to 7-4 in the year with the win.
Game 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- Maddy Hovious (SO/North Vernon, Indiana) got the Titans on the board with a sacrifice fly to score Astell who reached on a bunt single to lead the game off.
- Purdue Northwest evened the game at one in the bottom of the second with an RBI single.
- Brooke Boss blasted a homerun to put the Titans back in front but the Pride scored a run in the home half of the second to tie the game once again.
- Three runs over the final two innings proved to be the difference as the Pride defeated the Titans 5-2.
- The Titans will continue CCAC action on Saturday as the host St. Ambrose at Potawotomi Park. First pitch is set for 1 p.m.