PALOS HEIGHTS, Ill. – On the back of a huge night from Chris Mangus (SR/Niles, Michigan) the Indiana University South Bend baseball teams picks up a pivotal Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference win as they defeated Trinity Christian 13-7
Score: IU South Bend def. Trinity Christian 13-7
Records: IU South Bend 15-23, 7-13 CCAC | Trinity Christian 20-22, 8-12 CCAC
Location: Palos Heights, Illinois
- Sammy Nieves (SR/Canovanas, Puerto Rico), Nick Kellams (JR/Dyer, Indiana), and Tanner Wesp (FR/Charlestown, Indiana) all picked up RBI in the top of the first to give the Titans a 3-0 lead.
- Kellams singled home Chris Mangus and Brandon Papp (JR/Akron, Ohio) in the third inning and Zack Lazenby (JR/Chesterfield, Missouri) added an RBI single to put IU South Bend in front 6-0 but the Trolls plated four runs in the bottom half of the inning to make it a 6-4 game.
- Mangus launched his 13th home run of the year, a three-run shot to extend the Titan lead to 9-4 in the fourth inning.
- Three runs from the Trolls in the bottom of the sixth made it a two-run game in favor of the Titans.
- Mangus struck again with his second three-run blast of the game in the seventh inning to add insurance runs for the Titans. Spencer McCool (SO/Anderson, Indiana) recorded a sacrifice fly in the inning to make it a 13-7 game.
- IU South Bend starter provided 5.2 innings and was charged with all seven TCC runs. Zane Gonzalez (JR/Grand Rapids, Michigan) kept the Trolls at bay tossing 3.1 innings allowing just four hits.
- Mangus finished with two hits and six RBI in the win.
- Kellams finished a perfect 4-for-4 with three RBI.
- The Titans and Trolls will face off tomorrow in a DH starting at 4:00 p.m. at Newton Park.