SOUTHFIELD, Mich. – The Indiana University South Bend men's basketball team traveled to Southfield, Michigan for just their second meeting ever with the Lawrence Tech University Blue Devils on Saturday afternoon. The Titans shot 59% from the field in an 89-71 victory, their third win in as many tries. IU South Bend made a season-high 15 three point shots in the win.
The Blue Devils jumped out to an early 7-0 lead, but the Titan offense got going as they scored eight unanswered points to take their first lead of the game. IU South Bend did not surrender their lead for the duration of the half, but allowed the Blue Devils to hang around.
After leading 41-35 at the break, IU South Bend used a 27-6 run to open the second half and they never looked back, leading by as many as 25 in the closing half.
By the Numbers
- Oosha Mitchell scored a team-high 21 points on 8-of-10 shooting including 4-of-5 from long distance. Mitchell also pulled down a game-high 14 boards.
- The Titans connected on 15-of-27 shots from the three point line.
- IU South Bend recorded 18 assists on 32 made field goals.
- The bench scored 39 points for the Titans.
- Four other Titans reached double figure scoring led by Taylor Brooks (15), Mark White and Javonte Young each with 12, and Jeremy Jones with a season-high 10 points.
The Titans will travel to Siena Heights on Tuesday, for one of the one of their final two non-conference games of the season. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m.
Live stats can be found HERE