ADRIAN, Mich. – Coming off of their best shooting performance of the season, the IU South Bend men's basketball team struggled to find the bottom of the net as they shot just 36% from the field and a dismal 31% from the three point line. The Titans' three-game winning streak comes to an end with an 88-84 loss at Siena Heights University.
IU South Bend fell behind early when Siena Heights scored the first nine points of the game. The Titans trailed by as many as 15 points with 11:22 left in the first 20 minutes. The Saints continued to lead by double digits, taking a 43-30 lead into the break.
The Titans would cut the SHU lead to two points after Riley Stichter drained a three point basket with 9:18 left to play. However, the Saints would work their lead back up to 12 points with 5:36 on the clock.
T.J. Benner got the Titans right in the thick of things with a traditional three-point play to even the game at 76, but the Saints converted 10 free throws down the stretch to seal the victory.
By the Numbers
- T.J. Benner finished with a game-high 20 points, also a season-high.
- Joining Benner in double figures was Jacob Foster who finished with 18 points, Oosha Mitchell with 15, and Javonte Young with 10 points.
- IU South Bend attempted a season-high 40 free throws.
- Mark White and Taylor Brooks each finished with seven rebounds for the Titans.
- The Titans lost the rebounding battle, 37-55
IU South Bend will continue Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference action on Friday as they welcome Purdue University Calumet to the Student Activities Center.Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m.