What is Athletic Training?
Athletic training is an allied health profession, which deals with the care of the physically active. Athletic trainers are specifically educated in the prevention of athletic injuries and the recogniition, evaluation, and assessment of athletic injuries. Athletic trainers provide immediate care to injuries as well as provide appropriate treatment and rehabilitation to those injuries if the need arises. At Indiana University South Bend, the athletic training staff's mission is to provide the best possible care to the student-athletes at Indiana University South Bend.
About the Indiana University Athletic Training Room:
The Titan athletic training room is located in the lower level of the student activities center (SAC) in room 023. The athletic training room is furnished with treatment tables, taping tables, two whirlpools, a combo unit, and a variety of rehabilitation equipment.
Visiting Team information:
Welcome to Indiana University South Bend. We will try to do everything in our power to help make your stay here an enjoyable one. We would like to outline some of the services available to you and your student-athletes. The Indiana University South Bend Athletic Training Room is located on the lower level of the Student Activities Center (SAC) in room 023.
• A Certified Athletic Trainer will be available at all home athletic contests.
• Water and cups will be on the bench and injury ice will be available.
• The athletic training room will be open before and after events as well as other times if special arrangements are made.
• Please call ahead of time with any special instructions if no athletic trainer will be traveling with your team. Please furnish your own supplies.
• The physicians on call will be the Memorial Sports Medicine Institute 574-289-4764.
• The local hospital is Memorial Hospital of South Bend 574-647-1000.
Modalities available include cold, heat, whirlpool, electrical stimulation, and ultrasound. Please send written instructions if a certified athletic trainer will not be traveling with your team. Every effort will be made to accommodate treatment needs. If you are unable to travel with your team please give a copy of this letter to the head coach. If we can answer any questions or help you in any way, please call. The athletic training room number is (574) 520-4283. Good luck and we look forward to seeing you.
STUDENT-ATHLETE PAPERWORK AND FORMS:
Click HERE to submit Emergency Contact Information
Click HERE to print Assumption & Consent Form
Click HERE to print Medical Release Form
Click HERE to print Student-Athlete Health Disclosure Form
Click HERE to print Student-Athlete Insurance Information Form