- CAMPUS LIFE
- PAYING FOR COLLEGE
What is SAAB?
The Student-Athlete Advisory Board (SAAB) at IU South Bend is an active group of student-athletes dedicated to providing a voice for the interests of the varsity student-athletes. The committee focuses on fostering companionship in areas such as: academics, community service, university relations, student-athlete welfare and career development.
• Quickly and efficiently solve problems that are brought to the attention of SAAB members.
• Encourage teamwork, common purpose, and camaraderie between teams and student-athletes.
• Promote and support the overall mission of the IU South Bend Athletic Department.
• Provide feedback and insight into athletic department issues.
• Build a sense of community within the athletic program involving all varsity sports.
• Embody the voice of the student-athlete.
Membership/Terms of Appointment:
• Each team will have three representatives serve on the committee and will be appointed by the head coach of their respective sport.
• Any student-athlete (scholarship or non-scholarship) is eligible for appointment.
• Provide continuity, membership will be for the duration of a student-athlete's athletic career, unless the student-athlete is no longer a member of his/her respective team or withdraws his/her appointment.
• Each member will serve as a liaison between the committee and his/her individual team.
• If a member of the team graduates, the remaining SAAB member will ask for the team for interested underclassmen.
2012-13 Committee Members
Shane Cook- President